- Open. Settings on your device.
- Scroll down and tap About phone. if you don’t see the option, hit System first.
- Look for the “Android version” section of the page. The number listed in this section, e.g. 6.0.1, is the version of the Android OS your device is running.
And in the meantime, there can be a bit of confusion over which version of Android you’re actually running. The easy way to check is to press the menu button, then go to settings. The scroll down (it’s usually at the bottom) and choose “About phone.” You should see a screen like the ones above.Check the software version – Samsung Galaxy S7 edge
- From the home screen, swipe down the Status bar.
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Scroll to and tap About device.
- The current Software version and Android version of the device are displayed.
To find out the version of Android that is currently running on your device, please try the following steps:
- From the home screen, press the Settings Button.
- Then select the Settings option.
- Scroll down and select About Phone.
- Scroll down to Android Version.
To view your currently installed software version and check for an update:
- Select Settings > Device > About from the Home screen.
- Look for the Software Version section to view the software version currently installed on your TV.
- Select Check for System Update to see if a software update is available for your device.
Get the latest Android updates
- Open your device’s Settings app .
- Near the bottom, tap System System update. (If needed, first tap About phone or About tablet.)
- You’ll see your update status. Follow any on-screen steps.
Which version of the Fire Operating System is installed on my Fire tablet?
- Swipe a finger down from the top of the tablet.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Device Options.
- Tap System Updates.
- Your OS version will be displayed toward the top of the screen.
On most ROMs you can find out under “Settings”, “About this phone”. Look for the line that says “Android Version”. Next, you have to find out the version of the most recent modem firmware release for your device, built for the same version of Android you’re running.In order to check the Android version and ROM type on your phone please go to MENU -> System Settings -> More -> About Device. Check the exact data you have under: Android version: for example 4.4.2.
How do I know which Android operating system I have?
How do I know which Android OS version my mobile device runs?
- Open your phone’s menu. Tap System Settings.
- Scroll down towards the bottom.
- Select About Phone from the menu.
- Select Software Info from the menu.
- The OS version of your device is shown under Android Version.
What Android version is Samsung Galaxy s8?
In February 2018, the official Android 8.0.0 “Oreo” update began rolling out to the Samsung Galaxy S8, Samsung Galaxy S8+, and Samsung Galaxy S8 Active. In February 2019, Samsung released the official Android 9.0 “Pie” for the Galaxy S8 family.
How do you check the firmware version on Android device?
To find out what number of firmware your device has on it currently, just go to your Settings menu. For Sony and Samsung devices, go to Settings > About Device > Build Number. For HTC devices, you should go to Settings > About Device > Software Information > Software Version.
Can you upgrade Android version?
From here, you can open it and tap the update action to upgrade the Android system to the latest version. Go to Settings > About device, then tap System Updates > Check for Updates > Update to download and install the latest Android version.
What is the latest Android version?
|Code name||Version number||Linux kernel version|
|Oreo||8.0 – 8.1||4.10|
|Pie||9.0||4.4.107, 4.9.84, and 4.14.42|
|Legend: Old version Older version, still supported Latest version Latest preview version|
14 more rows
How do I check my Android version Galaxy s9?
Samsung Galaxy S9 / S9+ – View Software Version
- From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen.
- Navigate: Settings > About phone.
- Tap Software information then view the Build number. To verify the device has the latest software version, refer to Install Device Software Updates. Samsung.
What is the latest Android version 2018?
Nougat is losing its hold (latest)
|Android Name||Android Version||Usage Share|
|Jelly Bean||4.1.x, 4.2.x, 4.3.x||3.2%↓|
|Ice Cream Sandwich||4.0.3, 4.0.4||0.3%|
|Gingerbread||2.3.3 to 2.3.7||0.3%|
4 more rows
What is the latest Android version for Samsung?
- How do I know what the version number is called?
- Pie: Versions 9.0 –
- Oreo: Versions 8.0-
- Nougat: Versions 7.0-
- Marshmallow: Versions 6.0 –
- Lollipop: Versions 5.0 –
- Kit Kat: Versions 4.4-4.4.4; 4.4W-4.4W.2.
- Jelly Bean: Versions 4.1-4.3.1.
What is Android 7.0 called?
Android “Nougat” (codenamed Android N during development) is the seventh major version and 14th original version of the Android operating system.
Can Android 4.4 be upgraded?
There are many ways to sucessfully upgrade your Android mobile device to the the latest android version. You can update your gadget to Lollipop 5.1.1 or Marshmallow 6.0 from Kitkat 4.4.4 or early versions. Use failproof method of installing any Android 6.0 Marshmallow custom ROM using TWRP: That’s all.
Are older Android versions Safe?
How long can you safely use an old Android phone? Gauging an Android phone’s safe-use limits can be harder, as Android phones are not as standardized as iPhones. It’s less than certain, for example whether an old Samsung handset will run the latest version of the OS two years after the phone’s introduction.
What is the latest Android version 2019?
January 24, 2019 — As promised, Nokia has released the Android Pie update for the Nokia 5 (2017). February 20, 2019 — Nokia has started rolling out Android Pie to the Nokia 8 in India. February 20, 2019 — The two-year-old Nokia 6 (2017) is now getting the Android 9.0 Pie update.
Which phones will get Android P?
Xiaomi phones expected to receive Android 9.0 Pie:
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (expected Q1 2019)
- Xiaomi Redmi S2/Y2 (expected Q1 2019)
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 (expected Q2 2019)
- Xiaomi Mi 6 (expected Q2 2019)
- Xiaomi Mi Note 3 (expected Q2 2019)
- Xiaomi Mi 9 Explorer (in development)
- Xiaomi Mi 6X (in development)
What is Android 9 called?
Android P is officially Android 9 Pie. On August 6, 2018, Google revealed that its next version of Android is Android 9 Pie. Along with the name change, the number is also slightly different. Rather than following the trend of 7.0, 8.0, etc., Pie is referred to as 9.
What is the best Android version?
From Android 1.0 to Android 9.0, here’s how Google’s OS evolved over a decade
- Android 2.2 Froyo (2010)
- Android 3.0 Honeycomb (2011)
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (2011)
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean (2012)
- Android 4.4 KitKat (2013)
- Android 5.0 Lollipop (2014)
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow (2015)
- Android 8.0 Oreo (2017)
What Android version is my phone?
Slide your finger up your Android phone’s screen to scroll all the way to the bottom of the Settings menu. Tap “About Phone” at the bottom of the menu. Tap the “Software Information” option on the About Phone menu. The first entry on the page that loads will be your current Android software version.
How do I find Bluetooth version on Android?
Here are the steps to check Bluetooth Version of Android Phone:
- Step 1: Turn ON the Bluetooth of Device.
- Step 2: Now Tap on Phone Settings.
- Step 3: Tap on App and Select the “ALL” Tab.
- Step 4: Scroll Down and Tap on Bluetooth Icon named Bluetooth Share.
- Step 5: Done! Under App Info, you will see the version.
What is the next Android version?
It’s official, the next big version of Android OS is Android Pie. Google gave a preview of the upcoming version of the world’s most-popular mobile OS, then dubbed Android P, earlier this year. The new OS version is on its way now and is available on Pixel phones.
Is Android 7.0 nougat good?
By now, many of the most recent premium phones have received an update to Nougat, but updates are still rolling out for many other devices. It all depends on your manufacturer and carrier. The new OS is loaded with new features and refinements, each one improving upon the overall Android experience.
What is Android 8 called?
Android “Oreo” (codenamed Android O during development) is the eighth major release and the 15th version of the Android mobile operating system.
Is Oreo better than nougat?
Is Oreo better than Nougat? At first glance, Android Oreo doesn’t seem to be too different from Nougat but if you dig deeper, you will find a number of new and improved features. Let’s put Oreo under the microscope. Android Oreo (the next update after last year’s Nougat) was launched in late August.
Is Apple safer than Android?
Why iOS is safer than Android (for now) We’ve long expected Apple’s iOS to become a bigger target for hackers. However, it’s safe to assume that since Apple does not make APIs available to developers, the iOS operating system has fewer vulnerabilities. However, iOS isn’t 100% invulnerable.
How long do Android phones last?
Apple vs. Android Lifespan. According to Apple, new iPhones should last a minimum of 3 years. On the other hand, Android phones seem to be designed to last 2 years minimum, but with so many makers of Android devices, that number can vary. Can your phone last longer than 2-3 years?
Can Android phones be hacked?
Yes, both Android phones and iPhones can be hacked and it’s happening with alarming frequency. A few years ago, a text message security flaw called “Stagefright” was found in Android phones that put 95% of users at risk.
Which smartphone manufacturers are best for Android updates?
- HMD Global (Nokia) Time to roll out first stable U.S. Pie update: 53 days (September 28, 2018)
- Huawei / Honor.
- Lenovo/ Motorola.
Is Android owned by Google?
At 2005, Google finished their acquisition of Android, Inc. Hence, Google becomes the author of Android. This leads to the fact that Android is not just owned by Google, but also all members of the Open Handset Alliance (including Samsung, Lenovo, Sony and other companies who makes Android devices).
Is Android Lollipop still supported?
Android Lollipop 5.0 (and older) has long since stopped getting security updates, and more recently also the Lollipop 5.1 version. It got its last security update in March 2018. Even Android Marshmallow 6.0 got its last security update in August 2018. According to Mobile & Tablet Android Version Market Share Worldwide.
Photo in the article by “Picryl”