The app cache (and how to clear it)
- Open the Settings of your phone.
- Tap the Storage heading to open its settings page.
- Tap the Other Apps heading to see a list of your installed apps.
- Find the application you want to clear the cache of and tap its listing.
- Tap the Clear cache button.
Is it OK to clear cache on Android?
Clear out all cached app data. The “cached” data used by your combined Android apps can easily take up more than a gigabyte of storage space. These caches of data are essentially just junk files, and they can be safely deleted to free up storage space. Tap the Clear Cache button to take out the trash.
How do I clear Android cache?
How to clear app cache and app data in Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Step 1: Head to the Settings menu.
- Step 2: Find Apps (or Applications, depending on your device) in the menu, then locate the app that you want to clear the cache or data for.
- Step 3: Tap on Storage and the buttons for clearing the cache and app data will become available (pictured above).
How do I clear cache on my Samsung phone?
Clear the application cache on your Samsung Galaxy S 4
- From the home screen, tap Apps.
- Scroll to and tap Settings.
- Tap the More tab.
- Tap Application manager.
- Swipe left to view the ALL tab.
- Scroll to and tap an application.
- Tap CLEAR CACHE.
- You’ve now cleared the application cache.
What happens if cache is cleared in Android?
When this happens, it can help to clear an app’s cache. Cached data is meant to be temporary, so there’s no harm or risk in clearing an app’s cached data. To clear the cache for a specific Android app: Tap on Clear Cache.
Photo in the article by “Help smartphone”