- Open. Settings on your device.
- Scroll down and tap About phone. if you don’t see the option, hit System first.
- Look for the “Android version” section of the page. The number listed in this section, e.g. 6.0.1, is the version of the Android OS your device is running.
To find out the version of Android that is currently running on your device, please try the following steps:
- From the home screen, press the Settings Button.
- Then select the Settings option.
- Scroll down and select About Phone.
- Scroll down to Android Version.
To find out which Android OS is on your device:
- Open your device’s Settings.
- Tap About Phone or About Device.
- Tap Android Version to display your version information.
Check the software version – Samsung Galaxy S7 edge
- From the home screen, swipe down the Status bar.
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Scroll to and tap About device.
- The current Software version and Android version of the device are displayed.
To view your currently installed software version and check for an update:
- Select Settings > Device > About from the Home screen.
- Look for the Software Version section to view the software version currently installed on your TV.
- Select Check for System Update to see if a software update is available for your device.
Get the latest Android updates
- Open your device’s Settings app .
- Near the bottom, tap System System update. (If needed, first tap About phone or About tablet.)
- You’ll see your update status. Follow any on-screen steps.
Which version of the Fire Operating System is installed on my Fire tablet?
- Swipe a finger down from the top of the tablet.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Device Options.
- Tap System Updates.
- Your OS version will be displayed toward the top of the screen.
In order to check the Android version and ROM type on your phone please go to MENU -> System Settings -> More -> About Device. Check the exact data you have under: Android version: for example 4.4.2.On most ROMs you can find out under “Settings”, “About this phone”. Look for the line that says “Android Version”. Next, you have to find out the version of the most recent modem firmware release for your device, built for the same version of Android you’re running.
How do I know which Android operating system I have?
How do I know which Android OS version my mobile device runs?
- Open your phone’s menu. Tap System Settings.
- Scroll down towards the bottom.
- Select About Phone from the menu.
- Select Software Info from the menu.
- The OS version of your device is shown under Android Version.
How do you check the firmware version on Android device?
To find out what number of firmware your device has on it currently, just go to your Settings menu. For Sony and Samsung devices, go to Settings > About Device > Build Number. For HTC devices, you should go to Settings > About Device > Software Information > Software Version.
How do I know what version of Android I have on my Galaxy s8?
Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ – View Software Version
- From a Home screen, touch and swipe up or down to display all apps. These instructions apply to Standard mode and the default Home screen layout.
- Navigate: Settings > About phone .
- Tap Software information then view the Build number. To verify the device has the latest software version, refer to Install System Updates.
Can Android version be updated?
Normally, you will get notifications from OTA (over-the-air) when the Android Pie update is available for you. Connect your Android phone to the Wi-Fi Network. Go to Settings > About device, then tap System Updates > Check for Updates > Update to download and install the latest Android version.
What is the latest Android version?
|Code name||Version number||Linux kernel version|
|Oreo||8.0 – 8.1||4.10|
|Pie||9.0||4.4.107, 4.9.84, and 4.14.42|
|Legend: Old version Older version, still supported Latest version Latest preview version|
14 more rows
How do I update my Android version?
Updating your Android.
- Make sure your device is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Open Settings.
- Select About Phone.
- Tap Check for Updates. If an update is available, an Update button will appear. Tap it.
- Install. Depending on the OS, you’ll see Install Now, Reboot and install, or Install System Software. Tap it.
How do I know my Android ROM?
In order to check the Android version and ROM type on your phone please go to MENU -> System Settings -> More -> About Device. Check the exact data you have under: Android version: for example 4.4.2.
What is the latest Android version for Samsung?
- How do I know what the version number is called?
- Pie: Versions 9.0 –
- Oreo: Versions 8.0-
- Nougat: Versions 7.0-
- Marshmallow: Versions 6.0 –
- Lollipop: Versions 5.0 –
- Kit Kat: Versions 4.4-4.4.4; 4.4W-4.4W.2.
- Jelly Bean: Versions 4.1-4.3.1.
What is the latest Android version 2018?
Nougat is losing its hold (latest)
|Android Name||Android Version||Usage Share|
|Jelly Bean||4.1.x, 4.2.x, 4.3.x||3.2%↓|
|Ice Cream Sandwich||4.0.3, 4.0.4||0.3%|
|Gingerbread||2.3.3 to 2.3.7||0.3%|
4 more rows
How do I update my Samsung Galaxy s8?
- Make sure your device is fully charged and connected to Wi-Fi.
- Swipe down from the Notification bar and tap Settings.
- Scroll to and tap Software Updates, then Check for updates.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to download and install the update.
How do I manually update my Samsung Galaxy s8?
Update software versions
- From the Home screen, swipe up on an empty spot to open the Apps tray.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Software update.
- Tap Download updates manually.
- Tap OK.
- Tap Start.
- A restart message will appear, tap OK.
What version of Android is my phone?
Slide your finger up your Android phone’s screen to scroll all the way to the bottom of the Settings menu. Tap “About Phone” at the bottom of the menu. Tap the “Software Information” option on the About Phone menu. The first entry on the page that loads will be your current Android software version.
What is the latest Android version for tablets?
A Brief Android Version History
- Android 5.0-5.1.1, Lollipop: November 12, 2014 (initial release)
- Android 6.0-6.0.1, Marshmallow: October 5, 2015 (initial release)
- Android 7.0-7.1.2, Nougat: August 22, 2016 (initial release)
- Android 8.0-8.1, Oreo: August 21, 2017 (initial release)
- Android 9.0, Pie: August 6, 2018.
What is Android 7.0 called?
Android 7.0 “Nougat” (codenamed Android N during development) is the seventh major version and 14th original version of the Android operating system.
Which is the best version of Android?
Here are the most popular Android versions in October
- Nougat 7.0, 7.1 28.2%↓
- Marshmallow 6.0 21.3%↓
- Lollipop 5.0, 5.1 17.9%↓
- Oreo 8.0, 8.1 21.5%↑
- KitKat 4.4 7.6%↓
- Jelly Bean 4.1.x, 4.2.x, 4.3.x 3%↓
- Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3, 4.0.4 0.3%
- Gingerbread 2.3.3 to 2.3.7 0.2%↓
Which phones will get Android P?
Asus phones that will receive Android 9.0 Pie:
- Asus ROG Phone (will receive “soon”)
- Asus Zenfone 4 Max.
- Asus Zenfone 4 Selfie.
- Asus Zenfone Selfie Live.
- Asus Zenfone Max Plus (M1)
- Asus Zenfone 5 Lite.
- Asus Zenfone Live.
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro (M2) (scheduled to receive by April 15)
What is the latest version of Android 2019?
January 7, 2019 — Motorola has announced that Android 9.0 Pie is now available for the Moto X4 devices in India. January 23, 2019 — Motorola is shipping out Android Pie to the Moto Z3. The update brings all the tasty Pie feature to the device including Adaptive Brightness, Adaptive Battery, and gesture navigation.
What is Android 9 called?
Android P is officially Android 9 Pie. On August 6, 2018, Google revealed that its next version of Android is Android 9 Pie. Along with the name change, the number is also slightly different. Rather than following the trend of 7.0, 8.0, etc., Pie is referred to as 9.
How can I update my Android without a computer?
Method 2 Using a Computer
- Download your Android manufacturer’s desktop software.
- Install the desktop software.
- Find and download an available update file.
- Connect your Android to your computer.
- Open the manufacturer’s desktop software.
- Find and click the Update option.
- Select your update file when prompted.
How do I update Android on TV?
- Press the HOME button on your remote control.
- Select Help. For Android™ 8.0, select Apps, then select Help.
- Then, select System software update.
- Then, check that the Automatically check for update or Automatic software download setting is set to ON.
How do I update my Android firmware?
How to update your device’s firmware on Android
- Step 1: Make sure your Mio device isn’t paired with your phone. Go to your phone’s Bluetooth settings.
- Step 2: Close the Mio GO app. Tap the Recent Apps icon at the bottom.
- Step 3: Make sure you are using the latest version of the Mio App.
- Step 4: Update your Mio device firmware.
- Step 5: Firmware update successful.