Let Google back up your settings
- Go to Settings, Personal, Backup and reset, and select both Backup my data and Automatic restore.
- Go to Settings, Personal, Accounts & Sync, and select your Google account.
- Select all of the option boxes listed, to ensure that all available data is synced.
How do I backup my Samsung?
Back up apps
- From any Home screen, tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll to ‘USER AND BACKUP,’ then tap Backup and reset.
- You must be logged in to a Google account to back up your apps.
- If necessary, tap Backup my data to select the check box.
- If necessary, tap Backup account to select the check box.
How do I backup my essential phone?
Switch from another Android phone to Essential Phone
- Tap Settings. Scroll down, then tap Backup & reset. Tap Back up my data. Turn on Back up my data.
- Tap Settings. Scroll to the bottom of your screen, then tap System. Tap Backup. Turn on Back up to Google Drive.
How do I view my Google backup?
Here’s how you can get started:
- Open Settings from the home screen or app drawer.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Tap System.
- Select Backup.
- Ensure the Back up to Google Drive toggle is selected.
- You’ll be able to see the data that is being backed up.
How do I transfer everything from my old phone to my new phone?
Make sure “Backup my data” is enabled. As for app syncing, go to Settings > Data usage, tap on the three-dot menu symbol at the top right of the screen, and make sure “Auto-sync data” is turned on. Once you have a backup, select it on your new phone and you’ll be offered a list of all the apps on your old phone.
Photo in the article by “Help smartphone”