Go to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery, and click Get Started under Reset this PC. You are then asked if you want to keep your files or delete everything. Select Remove Everything, click Next, then click Reset. Your PC goes through the reset process and reinstalls Windows.
How do you wipe a computer clean to sell it?
- Open Settings.
- Tap System and expand the Advanced drop-down.
- Tap Reset options.
- Tap Erase all data.
- Tap Reset Phone, enter your PIN, and select Erase Everything.
How do I wipe my Windows computer before selling it?
- Open Settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Click on Recovery.
- Under the Reset this PC section, click the Get started button.
- Click the Remove everything button.
- Click the Change settings option.
- Turn on the Data erasure toggle switch. …
- Click the Confirm button.
How do you Reset your computer to factory?
Navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. You should see a title that says “Reset this PC.” Click Get Started. You can either select Keep My Files or Remove Everything. The former resets your options to default and removes uninstalled apps, like browsers, but keeps your data intact.
How do you permanently delete data from your computer?
Right-click on the Recycle Bin and choose “Properties”. Select the drive for which you want to delete the data permanently. Check the option “Don’t move files to the Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted.” Then, click “Apply” and “OK” to save the settings.
How do I completely wipe my computer Windows 10?
Windows 10 has a built-in method for wiping your PC and restoring it to an ‘as new’ state. You can choose to preserve just your personal files or to erase everything, depending on what you need. Go to Start > Settings > Update & security > Recovery, click Get started and select the appropriate option.
How do I wipe my old computer before recycling?
Simply go to the Start Menu and click on Settings. Navigate to Update & Security, and look for the recovery menu. From there you just select Reset this PC and follow the instructions from there. It may ask you to erase data either “quickly” or “thoroughly” — we suggest taking the time to do the latter.
How do I wipe my hard drive clean and reinstall Windows?
To reset your PC
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings. …
- Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
- Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
How do I wipe my Windows 7 computer clean?
1. Click Start, then choose “Control Panel.” Click “System and Security,” then choose “Restore Your Computer to an Earlier Time” in the Action Center section. 2. Click “Advanced Recovery Methods,” then choose “Return Your Computer to Factory Condition.”
Does resetting PC remove virus?
The recovery partition is part of the hard drive where your device’s factory settings are stored. In rare cases, this can become infected with malware. Hence, doing a factory reset will not clear the virus.
How do I wipe my Dell computer clean and start over?
Restore your Dell computer using Windows Push-Button Reset
- Click Start. …
- Select Reset this PC (System Setting).
- Under Reset this PC, select Get Started.
- Select the option to Remove everything.
- If you are keeping this computer, select Just remove my files. …
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reset process.
How do I factory reset my laptop without turning it on?
Another version of this is the following…
- Power off the laptop.
- Power on the laptop.
- When screen turns black, hit F10 and ALT repeatedly until the computer shuts off.
- To fix the computer you should choose the second option listed.
- When the next screen loads, choose the option “Reset Device”.