At “Start” -> “Computer” –> right click on “Properties”, and then tap “Advanced system settings”. In the advanced options of the system context menu, click on “Settings” for Startup and Recovery. In Startup and Recovery, uncheck the “Automatically restart” for system failure. Click “OK” after unchecking the checkbox.
Why does Windows 7 keep restarting?
If Windows 7 suddenly starts without warning, or restarts when you try to shut it down, it might be caused by one of several issues. Windows might be set to restart automatically when certain system errors occur. This feature of the Windows 7 operating system can be disabled. A BIOS update can also resolve the issue.
How do I fix my computer from restarting Windows 7?
Method 1: Turn off Automatic Restart Feature
- Hold Windows key and press R.
- Type sysdm.cpl and press Enter.
- Select Advanced tab.
- Click Settings from the Startup and Recovery section.
- Uncheck the option Automatically restart option in System Failure section.
- Click ok.
How do I stop Windows from automatically restarting?
How to disable automatic restart on system failure?
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run prompt.
- Type in Sysdm. …
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Under Startup and Recovery, click on the Setting option.
- Under System failure, make sure to uncheck Automatically restart.
- Click OK to save your changed and close.
Why my computer is restarting again and again?
There could be multiple reasons for the computer to keep restarting. It could be because of some hardware failure, malware attack, corrupted driver, faulty Windows update, dust in the CPU, and many such reasons. Follow this guide for the fixes to the problem.
How do I fix Windows boot loop?
Using Safe Mode to Fix Windows 10 Stuck in Restart Loop
- Hold down the Shift key and then select Start > Restart to boot into the Advanced startup options. …
- Press Win+I to open Settings and then select Update & Security > Recovery > Advanced Startup > Restart now.
How can I repair my Windows 7?
System Recovery Options in Windows 7
- Restart your computer.
- Press F8 before the Windows 7 logo appears.
- At the Advanced Boot Options menu, select the Repair your computer option.
- Press Enter.
- System Recovery Options should now be available.
How do I stop Windows from restarting without permission?
Open Start. Search for Task Scheduler and click the result to open the tool. Right-click the Reboot task and select Disable.
Why is Windows 10 stuck restarting?
Click Change settings that are currently unavailable. Make sure the box before Turn on fast startup (Recommended) is unchecked, then click Save changes and close the window. Restart your computer for the changes to take effect. Check your computer to see if it is still stuck on restarting.
How do I stop Windows from restarting blue screen?
How to Stop Windows From Restarting After a BSOD
- Open the Advanced System Settings menu. The easiest way to get there is by searching for “View advanced system settings” and clicking the icon which appears. …
- Click Settings under “Start Up and Recovery” on the Advanced tab. …
- Uncheck Automatic Restart. …
- Click Ok.
Why is my computer restarting automatically?
Hardware failure or system instability can cause the computer to reboot automatically. The problem could be the RAM, Hard Drive, Power Supply, Graphic Card or External devices: – or it could be an overheating or BIOS issue. This post will help you if your computer freezes or reboots due to Hardware issues.
What do I do if my Dell laptop is stuck restarting?
The following workaround may help with this problem:
- Hold the FN (Function key) down while powering on the system.
- Still holding the FN key, start tapping the Windows key to bypass the issue.
- This should bring up the login screen.
How do I stop Windows 10 from restarting?
Disable the automatic restart option to prevent Windows 10 from restarting:
- Click the Search button, search for and open View advanced system settings.
- Click Settings in the Startup and Recovery section.
- Remove the check mark next to Automatically restart, and then click OK.
- Restart the computer.