Then double-click grub. cfg to open the file in a text editor. In the file you will find the line ( set default=”0″ ). Edit the 0 to the line number in Grub that you want to load.
How do I change the default boot order?
If you do not interact with the grub menu at the boot time, it takes 10 seconds to boot into the default operating system. You can use Grub Customizer and reduce this boot time to something of your choice like 3 seconds or 5 seconds. You can do this from General Settings tab in Grub Customizer.
How do I change boot order in Ubuntu dual boot?
Command line method
Step 1: Open up a terminal window (CTRL+ALT+T). Step 2: Find the Windows entry number in the boot loader. In the screenshot below, you’ll see that “Windows 7…” is the fifth entry, but since entries start at 0, the actual entry number is 4. Change the GRUB_DEFAULT from 0 to 4, then save the file.
How do I change the boot order in UEFI?
Changing the UEFI boot order
- From the System Utilities screen, select System Configuration > BIOS/Platform Configuration (RBSU) > Boot Options > UEFI Boot Order and press Enter.
- Use the arrow keys to navigate within the boot order list.
- Press the + key to move an entry higher in the boot list.
How do I change the boot drive without BIOS?
If you install each OS in a separate drive, then you could switch between both OSes by selecting a different drive every time you boot without the need to get into the BIOS. If you use the save drive you could use Windows Boot Manager menu to select the OS when you start your computer without getting into the BIOS.
How do I change the boot order in Ubuntu BIOS?
On the Boot tab make sure that your CD/ROM Drive is the first device on the list. Follow the instructions on the right side of the screen to move the CD/ROM item to the top. That’it! Your Ubuntu installation should now start.
How do I change the boot order in Ubuntu kernel?
To manually set a specific kernel to boot, the user must edit the /etc/default/grub file as the superuser/root. The line to edit is the GRUB_DEFAULT=0. After setting this line to the desired setting (see below), save the file and update the GRUB 2 configuration file using the following command: sudo update-grub.
How do I change my default operating system to dual boot?
Set Windows 7 as the Default OS on Dual Boot System Step-By-Step
- Click Windows Start button and type msconfig and Press Enter (or click it with the mouse)
- Click Boot Tab, Click Windows 7 (or whichever OS you want to set as default at boot) and Click Set as Default. …
- Click either box to finish the process.
What is the default UEFI boot order?
Windows Boot Manager, UEFI PXE – the boot order is Windows Boot Manager, followed by UEFI PXE. All other UEFI devices such as optical drives are disabled. On machines where you cannot disable UEFI devices, they are ordered at the bottom of the list.
How do I set BIOS to boot priority?
Set boot device priority
- Power on the device and tap [Delete] key to enter BIOS settings menu→ Choose [SETTINGS]→ Select [Boot] →Set boot priority for your own device.
- Choose [Boot Option #1]
- [Boot Option #1] is usually set as [UEFI HARD DISK] or [HARD DISK].]