6 Answers. Using Oreo (8.1)… Settings -> Apps & notifications -> Advanced -> Emergency alerts -> Emergency alert history.
Where are Amber Alerts stored on Android?
On Samsung phones, emergency alert settings are found in the default Messages app. Go to the Messaging app’s menu, settings, and then “Emergency alert settings” to configure the options.
How do I see past Emergency alerts on Android?
See past Emergency Alerts history:
- Open the Messages program on your smartphone.
- Tap More, Settings, and Advanced in the upper right corner.
- Tap Wireless emergency alert after that.
- Go to [Settings] on your smartphone. Then tap Security. After that click [History of emergency alerts]
How do I find Amber Alerts on my phone?
Launch the Settings app on your iPhone. Tap on Notifications and scroll all the way to the bottom. Under the Government Alerts section, toggle the AMBER Alerts and Public Safety Alerts options on or off to enable or disable them.
How are emergency alerts sent to cell phones?
WEA messages are broadcast using radio-like technology from cell towers in, and sometimes around, the actual warning area. Therefore, an alert can reach cell phones outside of the actual warning area depending on the broadcast range of the cell towers which broadcast the alert.
Can you see notification history?
To see your notification history, just come back: Open the Settings app, then tap “Apps & Notifications.” Tap “Notifications.” Tap “Notification History.”
How do I retrieve alerts?
In the Settings shortcut menu that appears, scroll down and tap Notification log. A Notification log shortcut will appear on your home screen. Just tap this, and you’ll have access to your notification history and be able to retrieve those missed notifications.
Where do I find emergency contacts on Android?
Prepare for an emergency
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Tap About phone. Emergency information.
- Enter the info that you want to share. For medical info, tap Edit information. If you don’t see “Edit information,” tap Info. For emergency contacts, tap Add contact. If you don’t see “Add contact,” tap Contacts.
How do I turn off emergency alerts on my Android?
How to turn off Amber alerts on stock Android
- Open the Settings menu.
- Tap the Apps & notifications option.
- Select the Advanced option.
- Tap on Emergency alerts.
- Find the Amber alerts option and turn it off.
Why did I get an emergency alert on my phone?
Emergency alerts sent to phones include a “special tone,” vibrations and a “special text message” to differentiate it from a regular notification, FEMA says. Real alerts go out in cases of extreme weather or other threats in the area, public safety messages, AMBER alerts and presidential alerts.