How do I fix msconfig in Windows 10?
Method 3: Try changing MSCONFIG settings in Safe Mode
- Open Start Menu then click on Power button and then hold shift while clicking on Restart.
- When the computer restarts you will see a Choose an option screen, just click on Troubleshoot.
- Select Advanced options on the next screen.
How do I enable msconfig in Windows 10?
Use the keyboard shortcut “Windows Key + R” and the “Run” window will open. In the text box, write “msconfig” and press Enter or OK and the MsConfig window will open. You can also open the Run window from the shortcuts menu in the bottom left corner.
How do I fix msconfig not working?
How to fix: MSConfig Stopped Responding Error
- Scan the File System for Errors.
- Scan the System for Viruses.
- Scan and Fix Corrupt System Files.
- Resolve Insufficient Access Rights (Administrator Access)
How do you reset your settings on Windows 10?
To reset your PC
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings. …
- Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
- Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
Why can’t I select normal startup?
If Normal startup reverts to Selective startup as MSCONFIG cannot select or save settings after reboot, then try this: Type MSConfig in the Run prompt (Win +R) and press the Enter key. Switch to the Boot tab. … Restart the computer, and now everything should boot normally.
How do I reset msconfig to default?
You may follow the steps to set MSconfig to default.
- Press Windows key + X key. …
- Type msconfig in the Run box and hit Enter.
- On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then tap or click Enable all.
Does Windows 10 have msconfig?
As with most Windows tools, you can start this utility in several ways. In Windows 10, click or tap inside the search box on the taskbar, start typing “system configuration” or “msconfig” and then click or tap the System Configuration search result.
How do I get Windows 10 back to normal boot mode?
Follow the below steps to enable the Normal startup:
- Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
- Type msconfig and hit Enter.
- Click on the General tab.
- Select the Normal startup option.
- Click on Apply and Ok.
- Restart the system and check.
How do I fix my computer not saving?
If the “Save” option is not available (grayed out in the file menu), this usually indicates the file is unmodified, so saving it would have no effect. Make changes to the file and try again. In the file menu, use the Save As option to save the file as a new file name or to another folder.
How do I fix msconfig not saving changes?
In the System Configuration window, go to General tab. 8. Uncheck the box for Load startup items. Click Apply and click OK to save changes.
How do you reset your PC?
Navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. You should see a title that says “Reset this PC.” Click Get Started. You can either select Keep My Files or Remove Everything. The former resets your options to default and removes uninstalled apps, like browsers, but keeps your data intact.
How do I reset Windows to default settings?
To reset Windows 10 to its factory default settings without losing your files, use these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Click on Recovery.
- Under the “Reset this PC” section, click the Get started button. …
- Click the Keep my files option. …
- Click the Next button button.
How long does it take to reset Windows 10?
It would take about 3 hours to reset a Windows PC and it would take another 15 minutes to set up your new PC. It would take 3 and a half hours to reset and start with your new PC.