How do I set boot priority in Windows 7?
Windows 7: Change the BIOS Boot Order
How do I change Windows boot priority?
Generally, the steps go like this:
- Restart or turn on the computer.
- Press the key or keys to enter the Setup program. As a reminder, the most common key used to enter the Setup program is F1. …
- Choose the menu option or options to display the boot sequence. …
- Set the boot order. …
- Save the changes and exit the Setup program.
How do I change BIOS settings in Windows 7?
Here is how you can do it.
- Press and hold Shift, then turn off the system.
- Press and hold the function key on your computer that allows you to go into BIOS settings, F1, F2, F3, Esc, or Delete (please consult your PC manufacturer or go through your user manual). …
- You will find the BIOS configuration.
How do I get into the BIOS on Windows 7?
How to open the BIOS in Windows 7
- Turn off your computer. You can only open the BIOS right before you see the Microsoft Windows 7 logo when starting your computer.
- Turn on your computer.
- Press the BIOS key combination to open the BIOS on the computer. Common keys to open the BIOS are F2, F12, Delete, or Esc.
How do I change the boot drive without BIOS?
If you install each OS in a separate drive, then you could switch between both OSes by selecting a different drive every time you boot without the need to get into the BIOS. If you use the save drive you could use Windows Boot Manager menu to select the OS when you start your computer without getting into the BIOS.
What are the steps in the boot process?
Although it is possible to break down the boot-up process using a highly detailed analytical methodology, many computer professionals consider the boot-up process to consist of five significant steps: power on, POST, load BIOS, operating system load, and transfer of control to the OS.
How do I change Windows boot manager?
Change Default OS In Boot Menu With MSCONFIG
Finally, you can use the built-in msconfig tool to change the boot timeout. Press Win + R and type msconfig in the Run box. On the boot tab, select the desired entry in the list and click the button Set as default. Click the Apply and OK buttons and you are done.
How do I change the boot order in UEFI?
Changing the UEFI boot order
- From the System Utilities screen, select System Configuration > BIOS/Platform Configuration (RBSU) > Boot Options > UEFI Boot Order and press Enter.
- Use the arrow keys to navigate within the boot order list.
- Press the + key to move an entry higher in the boot list.
How do I change the boot order in BIOS HP?
Configuring the boot order
- Turn on or restart the computer.
- While the display is blank, press the f10 key to enter the BIOS settings menu. …
- After opening the BIOS, go to the boot settings. …
- Follow the on-screen instructions to change the boot order.
How do I adjust BIOS settings?
How to Configure the BIOS Using the BIOS Setup Utility
- Enter the BIOS Setup Utility by pressing the F2 key while the system is performing the power-on self-test (POST). …
- Use the following keyboard keys to navigate the BIOS Setup Utility: …
- Navigate to the item to be modified. …
- Press Enter to select the item.
How do I disable advanced boot options in Windows 7?
How to Disable Auto Restart From the ABO Menu in Windows 7 Using F8
- Press F8 Before the Windows 7 Splash Screen. To begin, turn on or restart your PC. …
- Choose the Disable Automatic Restart on System Failure Option. …
- Wait While Windows 7 Attempts to Start. …
- Document the Blue Screen of Death STOP Code.