How do I fix broken packages in Ubuntu?
the problem of a broken package still exist the solution is to edit the dpkg status file manually. Locate the corrupt package, and remove the whole block of information about it and save the file. and now click close button -> after that a window will be opened and click reload, I hope this will work you also….
How do I find my broken packages?
Select “Broken dependencies” category from upper left pane. Select the broken packages. If the packages are more than one, select them all by pressing Ctrl + A . Then right-click on a selected package, and select the option “Mark for Complete Removal” in the menu.
How do I fix broken packages in Linux?
First, run an update to make sure there aren’t newer versions of the required packages. Next, you can try forcing Apt to look for and correct any missing dependencies or broken packages. This will actually install any missing packages and repair existing installs.
How do I fix broken packages in Ubuntu Synaptic?
‘Broken packages’ are packages that have unsatisfied dependencies. If broken packages are detected, Synaptic will not allow any further changes to the system until all broken packages have been fixed. Choose Edit > Fix Broken Packages from the menu. Choose Apply Marked Changes from the Edit menu or press Ctrl + P.
How do I fix Ubuntu problems?
Here’s what you can do:
- sudo cp /etc/apt/sources.list /etc/apt/sources.list.bk. This is to backup your sources. list file.
- Run the following commands in order: sudo apt-get clean sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install -f sudo dpkg -a –configure sudo apt-get dist-upgrade. You’ll probably get some errors along the way.
How do I fix my Ubuntu repository?
You’ll need to adjust your sources. list file then run sudo apt-get update then sudo apt-get upgrade . Just make sure in /etc/apt/sources. list you have http://old.releases.ubuntu.com for all the repositories.
How do you fix apt — fix broken install?
To fix broken packages on Debian-based distributions using Apt:
- Open your terminal by pressing Ctrl + Alt + T on your keyboard and enter: sudo apt –fix-missing update.
- Update the packages on your system: sudo apt update.
- Now, force the installation of the broken packages using the -f flag.
How do I know if my package is broken with Synaptic?
Launch Synaptic Package Manager and select Status on the left panel and click on Broken Dependencies to find the broken package. Click on the red box to the left of the package’s name, and you should get the option to remove it.
What is sudo apt-get update?
The sudo apt-get update command is used to download package information from all configured sources. The sources often defined in /etc/apt/sources. list file and other files located in /etc/apt/sources.
How do I fix sudo apt-get update?
If the issue occurs again however, open Nautilus as root and navigate to var/lib/apt then delete the “lists. old” directory. Afterwards, open the “lists” folder and remove the “partial” directory. Finally, run the above commands again.
Why sudo apt-get update is not working?
This error can happen when fetching the latest repositories during ” apt-get update ” was interrupted, and a subsequent ” apt-get update ” is not able to resume the interrupted fetch. In this case, remove the content in /var/lib/apt/lists before retrying ” apt-get update “.
How do you fix a broken install?
Ubuntu fix broken package (best solution)
- sudo apt-get update –fix-missing.
- sudo dpkg –configure -a.
- sudo apt-get install -f.
- Unlock the dpkg – (message /var/lib/dpkg/lock)
- sudo fuser -vki /var/lib/dpkg/lock.
- sudo dpkg –configure -a.
How do I get Synaptic package manager in Ubuntu?
To install Synaptic in Ubuntu, use the sudo apt-get install synaptic command:
- Once the installation completes, start the program and you should see the main application window:
- To find a package you would like to install, enter the keyword in the search box:
How do I open Synaptic package manager in Ubuntu?
1 Answer. After this you just need to hit the Super key (or Windows) and type Synaptic and hit enter (to actually open the package manager).
How do you solve e unable to correct problems you have held broken packages?
How to go about fixing the “Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages” error
- Make sure that your system’s package cache is updated. …
- Install the dependency. …
- Can you get the missing dependency package from some other source?