Can’t uninstall because this package is an active device administrator?
7 Answers. Go to SETTINGS->Location and Security-> Device Administrator and deselect the admin which you want to uninstall. Now uninstall the application. If it still says you need to deactivate the application before uninstalling, you may need to Force Stop the application before uninstalling.
How do I remove an active device administrator?
How do I enable or disable a device administrator app?
- Go to Settings.
- Do one of the following: Tap Security & location > Device admin apps. Tap Security > Device admin apps. Tap Security > Device administrators.
- Tap a device administrator app.
- Choose whether to activate or deactivate the app.
How do I delete an administrator?
How to Delete an Administrator Account in Settings
- Click the Windows Start button. This button is located in the lower-left corner of your screen. …
- Click on Settings. …
- Then choose Accounts.
- Select Family & other users. …
- Choose the admin account you want to delete.
- Click on Remove. …
- Finally, select Delete account and data.
How do I get rid of hidden apps?
How to Find and Delete Hidden Administrator Apps
- Find all the apps that have admin privileges. …
- Once you’ve accessed the list of device admin apps, disable admin rights by tapping the option to the right of the app. …
- Now you can delete the app normally.
How do I delete an app that Cannot be uninstalled?
To remove such apps, you need to revoke administrator permission, using the steps below.
- Launch Settings on your Android.
- Head to the Security section. Here, look for the Device administrators tab.
- Tap the app name and press Deactivate. You can now uninstall the app regularly.
How do I find my device administrator?
Go to your phone Settings and tap on “Security & privacy option.” Look for “Device administrators” and press it. You would see the applications that have device administrator rights.
How do I remove MDM from my Android?
How to uninstall MDM agent from the managed Android device?
- On the managed mobile device, go to Settings.
- Navigate to Security.
- Select Device Administrator and disable it.
- Under Settings, go to Applications.
- Select ManageEngine Mobile Device Manager Plus and Uninstall the MDM agent.
What is activate device administrator?
“Device administrator is a built-in security feature of exchange that allows the device to be wiped remotely if lost or stolen. It also allows the domain administrator to apply custom policies to the device.
How do I disable security policy?
Alternatively, you can deactivate the Google Apps Device Policy app and then uninstall or disable it:
- On your Android device, go to Settings. Security.
- Tap one of the following: …
- Uncheck .
- Tap Deactivate.
- Tap OK.
- Depending on your device, go to one of the following: …
- Tap .
- Tap Uninstall or Disable and then OK to remove it.
What is device administrator in Android phones?
2 Answers. Device Administrator API is an API that provides device administration features at the system level. These APIs allow you to create security-aware applications. It is used to make your application uninstall from the device or to capture a picture by using a camera when the screen is a lock.
How do I disable Administrator app?
Go to your phone’s settings and then click on “Security.” You’ll see “Device Administration” as a security category. Click on it to see a list of apps that have been given administrator privileges. Click the app you want to remove and confirm that you want to deactivate administrator privileges.
How do I run a program as Administrator and remove it?
- Open the run box (windows key + r) and type runas /user:DOMAINADMIN cmd.
- You will be prompted for the domain administrator password. …
- Once the elevated command prompt appears, type control appwiz. …
- You will now be able to uninstall the offending software…through gritted-teeth and a wry smile.