The Short Answer. You can “uncomment a line” in a configuration file by removing the # at the start of the line. Or, to “comment out” a line, add a # character to the start of the line. (Note that some languages have different comment formats, so this may not be true if you’re working with a source code file.)
What does it mean to comment out?
To disable lines of code in a program by surrounding them with comment-start and comment-stop characters. … Also called “remmed out.” See comments.
How do I comment out in Ubuntu?
Then go to edit > preferences > plugins > enable “code comment”. Then use ctrl-m to comment and ctrl-shift-m to uncomment.
How do you comment out a block of code in Linux?
To comment out blocks in vim:
- press Esc (to leave editing or other mode)
- hit ctrl + v (visual block mode)
- use the ↑ / ↓ arrow keys to select lines you want (it won’t highlight everything – it’s OK!)
- Shift + i (capital I)
- insert the text you want, e.g. %
- press Esc Esc.
How do you comment out code?
You can comment out one or more lines of code in any C/C++ editor view. The leading characters // are added to the beginning of each line when commenting one or more lines of code. You can also block comment multiple lines of code using the characters /* */ .
What does comment mean in code?
In computer programming, a comment is a programmer-readable explanation or annotation in the source code of a computer program. They are added with the purpose of making the source code easier for humans to understand, and are generally ignored by compilers and interpreters.
What is the past tense of comment?
comment Definitions and Synonyms
How do I comment on Linux?
Follow the steps given below for commenting multiple using the terminal.
- First, press ESC.
- Go to the line from which you want to start commenting. …
- use the down arrow to select multiple lines that you want to comment.
- Now, press SHIFT + I to enable insert mode.
- Press # and it will add a comment to the first line.
How do I comment multiple lines in Yaml?
yaml files), you can comment-out multiple lines by:
- selecting lines to be commented, and then.
- Ctrl + Shift + C.
How do you comment out a line in Linux?
Whenever you want to comment a line, put a # in an appropriate place in a file. Anything beginning after # and ending at the end of the line won’t get executed. This comments out the complete line. This comments out only the last part of the line starting at #.
How do you comment multiple lines in VS code?
The keyboard shortcut to comment multiple in Windows is shift + alt + A .
How do you comment multiple lines in bash?
In Shell or Bash shell, we can comment on multiple lines using << and name of comment. we start a comment block with << and name anything to the block and wherever we want to stop the comment, we will simply type the name of the comment.
How do I comment a .sh file?
A single-line comment starts with hashtag symbol with no white spaces (#) and lasts till the end of the line. If the comment exceeds one line then put a hashtag on the next line and continue the comment. The shell script is commented out prefixing # character for single-line comment.
How do I comment on a photo?
- Navigate to the project’s Photos tool.
- Click the photo you want to add a comment to.
- Click the information (i) icon if it is not already selected.
- Expand the ‘Comments’ section at the bottom of the Information section.
- Enter your comment in the text box that appears. …
- Click the Send arrow icon.
How do you comment multiple lines in Bigquery?
Ctrl + Alt + / and Shift + Ctrl + Alt + / – comment/uncomment outside selection Contextual Menu.
How do you comment on JSX?
Writing comments in React JSX